Two types of Things the Forum is doing
1) Most important in the near term -- encourage Sun to make a few key changes in Java to allow it to be a complete efficient Grande Programming Language
- floating point, arrays, complex etc.
2) As a community, recognize that sometimes standards are more appropriate than creativity and pool results of experiments to produce a Java Grande framework covering libraries and computer access
- Fiscally important fields such as databases, have established such standards -- we should follow their example
1) requires us to work with the computing mainstream -- 2) is internal to community